David Rudorfer is a trial lawyer at Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP who represents individuals in personal injury and wrongful death cases. He has extensive experience handling serious injury cases involving traumatic brain injuries, spine injuries, nerve injuries, paralysis injuries, and amputations as well as any injuries leading to death. He also has extensive experience with injury or wrongful death cases involving commercial vehicle collisions, drownings, explosions, power lines, premises liability, and workplace incidents.
Mr. Rudorfer’s skills as a trial attorney have been recognized by his peers and honored with a nomination for 2018 Trial Lawyer of the Year by the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles. He has resolved over 75 individual million-dollar cases by trial or settlement, including over 45 individual multimillion-dollar cases. Over his career, Mr. Rudorfer has recovered more than $400 million for the deserving clients of Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP.
Some of Mr. Rudorfer’s results include:
- Does v. Utility Power Line Company – $39,500,000 settlement for a family devastated by a vehicle collision that caused the death of two adult sons in front of their mother and sister.
- Parra v. Roe Trucking Company – $27,100,000 settlement for a man who suffered a below the knee leg amputation as a result of a big rig collision with a disputed motor carrier sub haul.
- Doe v. Utility Maintenance Company – $24,300,000 for an adult who suffered partial paralysis from rear-end collision in a disputed going-and-coming required vehicle exception to course and scope.
- Does v. Roe Trucking Company – $20,000,000 – settlement for two families who each lost their beloved 20 year old sons as a result of a negligent commercial vehicle driver.
- Does v. Roe Trucking Company – $19,150,000 – settlement for a family who lost a mother and grandmother when a big rig truck caused a high-speed freeway collision.
- Doe v. Utility Company – $19,100,000 settlement involving a man who became a quadriplegic due to a public utility company’s negligence violating power line clearance requirements.
- Doe v. Roe Construction Company – $15,000,000 settlement for a school employer who suffer a traumatic brain injury and burns from an electrical arc flash explosion.
- Doe v. Roe Celebrity – $10,500,000 settlement for the parents of a motorcyclist who was killed by the negligent driving of a well-known television celebrity.
- Villamariona v. CBS – $10,500,000 verdict for causing a wrongful death of a father based on a disputed medical emergency.
- Doe v. Roe Corporate Employer – $10,200,000 settlement for the wrongful death of a wife/mother caused by an employee who had a seizure while driving on business where the employer had knowledge of the employee’s medical condition.
- Doe v. General Contractor – $10,000,000 settlement for an employee of a subcontractor severely burned due to the negligence of the general contractor.
- Doe v. Roe Property Owner – $9,800,000 settlement for a woman who suffered from CRPS as a result of a hotel’s premises liability.
- Flores v. UC Regents – $8,000,000 settlement for a woman injured by a negligently set up table that collapsed on her foot.
- Doe v. Roe Trucking Company – $8,000,000 settlement for a proposition 213 plaintiff who suffered a traumatic brain injury as a result of a commercial vehicle collision.
- Martinez v. Whittier Uptown Association – $6,300,000 verdict with a total recovery with 998 damages amounting to $7,800,000 for the family of an elderly man struck and killed by a vehicle at the Whittier Uptown Farmers Market.
Mr. Rudorfer is an active member of the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, the Consumer Attorneys of California, and the Los Angeles County Bar Association. He is a member of the State Bar of California and received his juris doctorate from Loyola Law School following graduation from UCLA summa cum laude with a double major.